Thursday, January 14, 2010

Bad, bad, bad: COFFEE



Oh, coffee bean, how do I love thee.
Let me count the ways.
You wake me, keep me sane and prevent injuries throughout my days.
You open my eyes, you activate my brain and even help with hangovers - I won't ask how or why.

But, if I drink you again before hot yoga, I will surely die. 

Yes, ladies and germs, I drank 2 cups of coffee yesterday 1 hour before 4pm yoga (the first and only of the day).  15 minutes in, the shakes began.  Shakes were only the beginning, too.  I figured that my system would flush out the coffee pretty soon, especially due to the 50% humidity in Seattle classes lately, but it only developed into rapid heart beats and nausea.  At one point, I thought I was about to have an anxiety attack.  After class was the worst: my stomach flipped over and ran out the door.  Oh, no I shant try a caffeine before class, again.  My body did not break it down like I thought it would have.  Don't risk it, folks!

No comments:

Post a Comment